12th Conference on Understanding Interventions that Broaden Participation in Science Careers
Abstract Submission Deadline: November 15, 2019
Proposals are invited for presentation on research projects and best practices highlighting pathways to STEM careers. Abstracts can be submitted to present in the following formats: workshop, symposium, deeper dive, or poster.
Workshops willprovide attendees with models, methods, and hands-on tools that can be adapted to other campuses, programs, and populations. Two types of workshops are available: a. Hands-on interactive sessions (1.5 or 3 hours), and b. Focused Seminar (1.5 hours) on a single topic.
Symposia. Concurrent symposia feature 20-minute presentations, each followed by a 10-minute open question and answer period.
Deeper Dives. Concurrent Deeper Dive sessions feature 15-minute presentations, after which members of the audience adjourn to one of three 30-minute roundtable discussions of their choice, each led by a speaker (and his/her coauthors).
Posters. Poster presentations will highlight the following components:
1) Focus of the intervention—what is studied and why
2) Study population—describe it and any comparison or control group
3) Contextual factors—what was measured and how what limits generalization
4) Outcomes of the intervention—what was found in what time frame
5) Relevance to the UI community—how does the study advance theory and/or practice as described in the literature; what is adaptable and possible next steps
Submit your abstract today!
We look forward to seeing you in San Antonio!